Post by Jessie Desmond on Dec 31, 2015 17:59:17 GMT -9
I am currently looking for submissions for the March 2016 Newsletter.
What do we want?
- Photos & Illustrations
- Articles & Research
- Events (Events for March-May 2016)
- Other - Propose an idea to us
The topics that we cover in the newsletter are: paranormal, occult, new age, myths, folklore, and general oddities. The final submission date
for the March 2016 issue is February 15th
If you want to submit an article, story, picture, ad, or whatever else, you will need to follow these rules.
1. Your submissions must be about Alaskan occurrences.
2. Your submissions must be themed towards the paranormal, occult, conspiracies, and odd stuff.
3. When submitting, please include your name and location.
4. In the subject line of your email, write "Submission"Photos:
Please be sure to include a blurb about your photo. We like 50-300 words, unless there is an AWESOME story to go along with it.Story:
A story is a personal story, not something fictional. When submitting your story, please keep it between 200-600 words. Give it a good title.Article or Research:
The sooner, the better, when it comes to submitting articles and research. For research, please include a bibliography. Limit use of pictures to 2 or 3.
All submissions are due by the 15th of the month prior to publication. Example: To make the September issue, you have to have your submissions in by August 15th. If you submit them August 16th, they will be bumped to the December issue.
If you have questions, please feel free to send us an inquiry email.
Post by Jessie Desmond on Jan 2, 2016 11:54:51 GMT -9
Quick Submit is basically a reader-submission for a particular topic. For every issue we like to display what has been submitted. Remember that everything needs to be from Alaska.
Send submissions to: Staff.APN@Gmail.comAurora Haiku
: Send in your haiku about the aurora borealis. A haiku is 17 syllables in 3 lines, typically 5, 7, 5. One per person please. Example below. Whitecaps on the bay:
A broken signboard banging
In the April wind.
— Richard Wright, collected in Haiku: This Other World, 1998 Strange Things In The Woods
: Send in your photo (limit 2 per person) with a tiny blurb that includes your name, location, and what is in the photo. See example below
Example from APN Newsletter, Vol.1, Issue 2
Post by Jessie Desmond on Jan 2, 2016 15:52:53 GMT -9
On the lookout for a great cover story or cover art!
If you think you can blow me away with a story that is SUPER AWESOME, then send me your pitch!
If you want to send in potential cover art, send me your work!
- 10.5"x14", 300dpi (minimum), file type prefered: *.pdf, *.psd, *png, or super high quality *.jpg
- 800-1500 word story, at least 1 picture. When you send in your pitch, give me a brief synopsis of what you want to write about, why I should pick your story, and where you plan on getting your information from (i.e. specific books, interviews, etc).
EVERYONE - When you email me, also let me know if you would like your work to be included in the newsletter regardless of winning the cover spot.